Happenings
As the Christmas holidays are rapidly approaching, John and I have been busier! John has been teaching the adult Bible class on Sunday mornings on "I Corinthians: Culture, Conflict, and Commitment." (In translates with the three C's in Spanish: "Cultura, Conflicto y Compromiso"). This coming Sunday is his final week of a three-week series. He has done a great job & has definitely learned a lot in the process!
We have both been involved in studying the Bible with a young Brazilian couple. Laurindo and Charlene have been married since February. They are such a fun and outgoing couple. They had heard about the church being built and had often passed by the plaza to see the progress. I received an email from them saying they were interested in the Friday night English classes. When they came for the first time, Charlene mentioned to me how she wanted to study the Bible and how she had a need for knowledge and a "hunger to know more about Christ." Seeing this huge open door of opportunity, I said, "I'll study with you!" We talked about studying with her husband as couples, and we have been meeting at each other's apartments for dinner and the studies. Charlene has expressed her desire to be baptized! We pray it will be soon! Please keep them both in your prayers as they continue to study God's Word.
On Monday and Tuesday, all four of us interns (Ryan, Garrett, John and I) took a quick trip to the coast. We stayed in Con Con where John and I went for my birthday. We ate some good seafood (salmon & seafood empanadas) and played frisbee, paddle ball, and soccer on the beach. Only John and Garrett were brave enough to actually swim in the ice-cold water! Before heading back to Santiago on Tuesday night, we had a great fajita dinner in Vina del Mar. They were just as good as those in Texas! It was a great trip before Garrett finishes his time here in Chile (heads back December 20th) and Ryan leaves for the Holidays. Enjoy the pictures below!


1 Comments:
Thanks for the update! Its always so good to hear how y'all are doing. I hope you had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment
<< Home