Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's all Greek to me...

I (Amanda) hate to be "cliche" but John is really learning Greek! Ryan Newhouse, an intern working with the church until December, has a Masters Degree in Divinity from ACU. He has begun teaching Greek to the missionaries and interns. The purpose is to aid us in our study of the Bible and understanding Biblical commentaries. Yes, I tried, but I had to drop the very fast-paced class. Ryan mentioned on the first day of class: "If it were easy, then everyone would learn Greek!" There is a quiz each week over the previous week's vocabulary and any material from the book: A Primer of Biblical Greek--by N. Clayton Croy. Thankfully, we have the book so I can do some studying at a slower pace. John is doing a great job! When I asked him how he feels about Greek class, he said: "Ηελπ, Ι’μ δροςνινγ!" (Help, I'm drowning!) Thanks for reading and for your continued prayers! God bless! Enjoy the pictures below.

Λοωε, Αμανδα (Love, Amanda)

Learning Greek creates some pretty strong emotions......

confusion.......

exhaustion.......
the trance.........

and there's complete outrage.....

I'm pretty happy....it's all Greek to me!

2 Comments:

At 31 August, 2006 08:32, Blogger Beck Boys said...

that's great that you have the opportunity to learn like that. good luck with the greek~!

 
At 31 August, 2006 13:26, Blogger Angela Robinson said...

Way to go, John! That is the same textbook that Jason Fikes uses to teach his Greek Ambassador class, here. Good luck with your new study...if you can learn Spanish, then why not Greek, right?

Amanda--great picture of you. You look fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home