Saturday, July 08, 2006

First Colony Group LST

We've had some time to recover from a busy couple of weeks, continuing to work with the First Colony group, and spending time with Amanda's parents, which she will be writing about shortly. The week after the campaign group hosted the church banquet (see previous post) they held three days of small group English lessons, which were well attended by Chilean high school and university students. Many of those in attendance were contacts from the classes we hold each Friday for university students, and several were new contacts made after we passed fliers to advertise on local campuses. The culmination of the campaign came the following weekend when we went out to a Boy Scout campground about 1 hour south of Santiago and held a 2-day English retreat. The group used LST (Lets Start Talking) workbooks taken from the Gospel of Luke for the lessons during the week, and used a more focused text which allowed for deeper discussions about who Jesus is at the retreat. Several people were impacted by the talk times from the retreat. One student, Marco, has attended our Friday classes regularly, but has never been interested in a Bible study. Marco decided after the weekend that he wanted to know more about Jesus, and is going to begin a Bible study soon with Rodrigo. Pray for Rodrigo and Marco as they begin studying together, as well as for the others we have met through this campaign, and that fruit may be seen from the work that has been done.
Laura of First Colony and Paloma at the english retreat

Talk groups at the retreat lead by the youth from First Colony.

Overall we were greatly encouraged by the energy and enthusiasm the group brought, and especially enjoyed worshipping with them alongside the Chileans for the 2 Wednesday nights they were here. I think I wrote the same thing on the last post just after they arrived, but I wanted to reiterate it. thanks for reading and God Bless.

2 Comments:

At 10 July, 2006 12:59, Blogger jocelyn said...

Wow! I can't believe I found your blog! I'm not even sure how I got here. You know, click on a link on a link on a link...anyway, it's awesome to see that you guys are in Chile and seem to be doing well!

My husband Mark and I are in Zagreb, Croatia, teaching at a small Christian college here. Actually, we're leaving next week to move to Dallas. But we've been here for the last several months and have loved it! It's great to see what you guys are up to. We'll be praying for your time in Chile and hope all is well!

Much love!
Jocelyn

 
At 11 July, 2006 12:58, Blogger John and Christy said...

Hey! Looks like ya'll are staying busy. Must be the month for family visits - Lisa Noble's folks visited her in Alaska and my mom & mamaw made the long trek to College Station. ;) It's so nice to have them visit, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home