Friday, April 20, 2007

Two weeks notice

Howdy---

Yep, it's true! We only have 2 weeks left in Santiago. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by! As you may guess, things have already started getting busier/crazier. Our thoughts are filled more and more with matters in the USA: resumes, packing, plans, relocation, job interviews... At the same time we are still pulled in the work here.

We have been reading up and preparing for what they call "Reverse Culture Shock" or "Re-entry," which is the natural process that people go through in re-adjusting to their own culture after living in another culture for a period of time. I guess the key word is "natural" and that this change we are about to go through is totally normal. For me personally, living in Santiago has changed me and I know that there has been change back in the USA. What I have learned from my reading so far is that I can't come back to Texas thinking everything will be the same. I suppose I am saying all of this to solicit your prayers on our behalf as we re-enter American culture. And as we embark on another adventure of job searching, interviews, looking for a place to live. Thank you so much in advance for your prayers in this matter.

After my mom's visit, my sister, Emily, came to visit us for about 10 days. It was so fun to show her around and for her to see first hand what our lives are like in Santiago. We had some good catching up time and were able to visit some tourist sites. And, Emily helped us by bringing back another full suitcase of our stuff. She was able to be at church last Sunday the 15th to witness the baptisms of Laurindo, Charlene, & Claudia and John preaching for the first time in Spanish.

Enjoy the pictures!!!

It was great to be with my big sister!!

Emily, a geologist, absolutely LOVED the rock formations and mountains in Chile! She was really happy to explore and educate me on how the rocks in the picture were formed. A smart lady!!



With much love and anticipation to see you soon, Amanda

5 Comments:

At 22 April, 2007 08:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to welcoming y'all home to Texas! I am praying for a smooth transition with the reentry. Love you much and can't wait to see you!! I listened to most of last week's sermon online. Great job, hermanito!! Love, Laura

 
At 22 April, 2007 08:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! We can't wait to see you guys! I love you and am praying for you in the coming weeks as you move and months as you transition.

 
At 01 May, 2007 08:52, Blogger Angela Robinson said...

We can't wait to hug your necks this weekend! We're praying for smooth transitions, and peace throughout the upcoming weeks. We've missed you guys and are SO proud of you both!

 
At 11 June, 2007 13:13, Blogger John and Christy said...

I hear you - we just experienced a culture shock when we went from BCS to Nac-a-nowhere. Even though we grew up here it was a tough transition. I'll be thinking about ya'll.

 
At 11 June, 2007 16:04, Blogger Sascha Terry said...

Hey Amanda! Sorry that I am just now finding your blog. I heard that you met my wife and baby girl back in March. It took me a few minutes to figure out who Amanda Mann is. I got it now. We hope and pray that your re-entry into the US goes smoothly. I am glad that you were down here and that the Lord used you. Take care and look us up if you ever find yourself in south Brazil. We have 2 blogs that you can/should check out. Say "hi" to your family for me.

Sascha Terry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home